The original factory-owner’s villa, dating back to 1921, marks the third project fronting the entrance street. Over 450 sq. meters of space have been converted to use as a conference and customer center. The primary strategy in its restoration has been one of clearing out of extraneous additional elements to recover the original floor plan. Dark parquet flooring and a unified color concept underscore the distinguished character of the house.
A series of minimal flush lighting elements are set into the walls offering a startlingly abstract architectural element contrasting the historical details of the house. The side-entrance, which leads to the factory site, presents a consciously new aspect, set high into the house in steel and glass and consisting of stacked concrete planks.
Architects — Barkow Leibinger, Berlin, Frank Barkow, Regine Leibinger
Team Design and Construction — Hermann Plöckl (Project Architect), Carsten Krafft, Andreas Lang
Conference and Customer Center
2002 - 2003
TRUMPF Sachsen GmbH & Co
Construction Management | Structural + Mechanical Engineer
Bauplanung Bautzen GmbH, Bautzen
ILS Lehner und Sachse, Wilthen
Dinnebier Licht, Berlin
Büro Kiefer, Berlin
© Werner Huthmacher